The Forged Lands of Shaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Links and important info

Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.

+3
Orzu Fizzlespark
Jurathor
Hercules Sayonara
7 posters

Go down

Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.  Empty Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm

What are you doing between adventures?

Choose from one of the topics and give me a bit of background. 

• Conducting research (what are you hoping to discover?)

• Training (learn proficiency in new musical instruments, weapon, languages, tools)

• Crafting (if you have tool proficiency, you can create items such as weapons or armour or magical baubles) 

• Working (got a day job? It could offset your living costs and introduce you to new people)

• Nothing at all - living a life of luxury 

I know that Nastie has been running her food stall. Jurathor I've seen you at the markets too with a platter of pastries? Did my eyes deceive me? (WORKING)

Mr Chips, are you still scrumping fruit to make alcohol? (CRAFTING)

Everybody else, what are you up to? I'm going to assume "nothing" unless you tell me. Which is fine of course, I do nothing too! Feed Bastet, read some romance, pound some mead. That's a Hector day.

Last edited by Hector THE HAMMER Harken on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.  Empty Re: Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.

Post by Hercules Sayonara Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:36 pm

TRAINING 
After losing the shirt off my back in a game of bastard cards, I will spend my downtime learning how to play cards.
Hercules Sayonara
Hercules Sayonara

Back to top Go down

Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.  Empty Re: Downtime Activies! Everyone, please read and post.

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm

okay, that will take 25 (in-game) days of downtime activity.
We normally have a mission every 5 (in-game) days.

(The DM will keep a ledger of this and will inform you once you are trained in the art of playing cards, which will allow you to add your proficiency bonus to any checks you make while playing cards)
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Back to top Go down

Post by Hercules Sayonara Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Excellent.

That damned apothecary Abraxas Grey fleeced me in a game of cards at the Drunken Maus. 

Revenge will soon be mine.
Hercules Sayonara
Hercules Sayonara

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurathor Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm

While I am busy between finding a location for my new venture, and holding classes for the locals, I will be spending time training in the use of Greatswords, both to improve my martial ability and in honour of a... long departed hero
Jurathor
Jurathor

Back to top Go down

Post by Orzu Fizzlespark Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am

I'm currently searching for a job... do any kind folk know of any available.  

I haven't been having much joy.  Luckily I do not wander the streets of Sanctuary alone for I have befriended a mouse whom I have come to call 'fred'.

- Rest is a good thing, but boredom is its brother.  -
Orzu Fizzlespark
Orzu Fizzlespark

Race : Gnome
Class : Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 am

Abraxas Grey, the apothecary could probably use a talented alchemist in his surgery?

Don't be alarmed by his appearance. A lot of metal, but he is a Warforged. Centuries ago he was animated to serve as a murderous mechanical soldier in an evil mage's army. But he's over that now. Nice chap. Excellent surgeon.
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Back to top Go down

Post by Orzu Fizzlespark Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Perfect, thank you Hector.  I will pay Mr Grey a visit this afternoon.

- If you can smile when things go wrong, you already have someone to blame -
Orzu Fizzlespark
Orzu Fizzlespark

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Dragonsbane Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 am

I'm preaching the good word of Thruun in the streets and alleys of Sanctuary (WORKING). My friend Eric, the wee lad from the Monarchs, sometimes helps with the collection plate and telling people not to be afraid of the dragon-man shouting at them.
Martin Dragonsbane
Martin Dragonsbane

Race : Dragonborn
Class : Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 pm

(his name is Edric)
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Chips Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Mr Chips has been foraging for fancy cushions to floof up his Winter nest. Whilst ensconced in cushiony luxury, he has used the time to preen his feathers and become the most captivating feathered creature anyone could hope to see
Mr Chips
Mr Chips

Race : Other
Class : Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 pm

For a dirty drunken vagrant, you do look alarmingly good Mr Chips.

I put a sign up on your tree - it's in our courtyard, so I have officially declared your nest to be under the protection of the Adventurer's Guild. I had overheard some of the city watch discussing tearing down your nest as you have sometimes been branded a nuisance. But not on my watch.

Fly safe feathered friend.
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Okay new shit has come to light.

You broke into the home of the CITY WATCH CAPTAIN and stole cushions from his bedroom.

I've still got your back Mr Chips. But by Mystra, you better be more careful!
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Back to top Go down

Post by Orzu Fizzlespark Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm running late so can't stay.

I just wanted to let you know I have a meeting with Mr Grey to discuss my new job.

He said "potential job" but I'm pretty confident.

I'm gonna start working on some potions, anyone need anything or have requests?

Orzu Fizzlespark
Orzu Fizzlespark

Back to top Go down

Post by Aexidor Fargeiros Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm

I have been keeping my self busy in the pursuit of pleasure whilst at the same time seeing what I can find out about my old captains gold. People will tell you many things when they are drunk and think you are too. I mean I can consume much alcohol and play up being inebriated whilst very much having my wits about me.

I have also been checking in on my ship and my crew, making sure they keeping every thing ready should we need to sail at a moments notice. Some of them have been helping out around the town, making sure that they're earning their keep, like a good crew should!

I have also spent some time practicing my swords skills, always need to be ready to kill people when necessary. And a rusty sword will achieve nothing!

The rest is mine to know and twinkles in other people's eyes to have
Aexidor Fargeiros
Aexidor Fargeiros

Race : Elf
Class : Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down