The Forged Lands of Shaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Links and important info

(Session 10) The first days

2 posters

Go down

(Session 10) The first days Empty (Session 10) The first days

Post by Jurathor Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:08 pm

I sat with Beatnik in my new room, having qualified to join the Adventurer's League. It was late, and I was tired, but Beatnik had pressed to find out what had gone on for the last two days

"Fine, I'll tell you then I'm heading to bed" Beatnik punched me in the arm, then laughed "Get on with it then, old friend, I do enjoy a good bedtime story"

I scowled at him, then sat back and thought back over the events of the last few days

"So we initially met the custodian of the Adventurer's Guild, Hector 'The Hammer' Harken. He's an impressive and imposing figure, but he seems a fair man and I sense no malice from him. I was joined by Aexidor and Mr Chips, the two we fought with on the way to this island. And by two others, a burly lizardman barbarian who oddly had a strange learned air around him, and an angry goblin, who would cause me some trouble later, but I'll get to that"

"We were put through some menial combat and defensive trials, then sent off to recover a stolen boat. Our party had initially chosen to go through the woods, but we ran into a traveller who seemed to hold many secrets regarding treasure and hidden things on this island. My suspicions about the barbarian were confirmed when he burst into some of the finest poetry I have ever heard, which seemingly compelled the old man to give us some information about a nearby cache of supposed treasure"

"As it turned out the 'riches' were a handful of silver ingots in an abandoned mine at the western edge of the nearby haunted woods, guarded by some weak giant bat things. Our journey was uneventful aside from that until we found the boat at the other side of the woods. Unfortunately the boat had been damaged somehow, and was useless for travel."

"However nearby there was a ruined tower, apparently a remanant of the ancient wizard city Derlusk, one of the many cities destroyed by the Spellplague. Eager to not return completely empty handed, we decided to check the tower for , well, anything of value before we attempted to take the boat back by hand. As it turned out, inside was the man that had stolen the boat. Apparently he had attempted to drop a heavy object onto our impetuous angry party member, who had run in ahead of us for reasons I cannot fathom, as such the goblin was very angry and I had to talk him down from killing the former raider. (the raider still lost a nose, but I suppose he didn't die at least)"

"Apparently the raider had been acting as caretaker for a community of dwarves, who were living under the tower. They were under imminent threat of an attack by a necromancer. I forget his name, but I have little doubt he will be connected to T'Zakal. He sent six foul undead abominations to try and take us out but my holy power prevailed, turning them away in fear and giving us enough time to regroup and slaughter them a second time"

"I believe we have as a result made new friends with the dwarf group at that tower. They were kind enough to help us repair the boat. And so here we are"

Beatnik sat back "So... we've already run into one of T'Zakal's forces"

My expression soured "Yes, and I cant imagine its the last we'll hear from him. Gather your strength and train hard, Beatnik. This foe will require all we have and more to defeat"

Beatnik nodded. "For our fallen friends, Jurathor"

"For our fallen friends, Beatnik"
Jurathor
Jurathor

Back to top Go down

(Session 10) The first days Empty Re: (Session 10) The first days

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 am

Cleric... who is this T'Zakal? Is he connected to the necromancers on this island?
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurathor Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:17 pm

T'Zakal is a necromancer of indeterminate age and power, I know he was an adult in the age where Derlusk and the other cities on this island were destroyed

He leads a cabal of necromancers and foot soldiers, formerly residing in a keep near the Sharr Desolation called Gorehowl, but they were expelled by my friend and a small army of former slaves he led

We have good intel that he has moved his operation here. He is in search of keys to an artifact called the Book of Vile Darkness, with which he could visit the same devestation wrought on the former lands that make up this island, upon the entire world. From the history of these lands, confirmed by finding the ruins of Derlusk, it is likely these keys are somewhere deep within the island.
Jurathor
Jurathor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down