The Forged Lands of Shaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Links and important info

Session 17: The Effervescence

4 posters

Go down

Session 17: The Effervescence Empty Session 17: The Effervescence

Post by Martin Dragonsbane Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Friends, we've returned from the wedding. We journeyed down to a Dwarven town in the south for a wedding that united two warring families of the Clan Mir dwarves. It was lovely but I want to tell you what we learned about the events that led to the disappearance of Shaar for a hundred years.

Our guide, Chip, called it The Effervescence. A magical event one hundred years ago that sundered the continent, devastated the land, and led to its possible displacement in space and time. Chip was alive to see it. He showed us the hollows carved out of mountains and houses where spheres of matter were displaced and jumbled around leaving only emptiness. A mountain range with perfect spheres taken out of even the largest mountains. The universe rearranged. The dwarves survived - with much diminished numbers - by retreating underground for a hundred years until the magical energies dispersed and the continent returned to where we know it to be now.

We found one particular sphere where the rock had been displaced and replaced with a mansion from... somewhere else. Chip told us that from this house emerged young dragons which have befouled the continent ever since. Five or six dragons of different colours. There was once a dragonkeeper in the house and... well... perhaps that's a story for someone else to tell.

My god has pointed me towards my mission in this land. I'll hunt down and kill every last one to make the continent clean again.
Martin Dragonsbane
Martin Dragonsbane

Race : Dragonborn
Class : Paladin

Back to top Go down

Session 17: The Effervescence Empty Re: Session 17: The Effervescence

Post by Hercules Sayonara Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 pm

I am beginning to feel uneasy about this island...

Strange magic indeed. But hunting a dragon... this is a good goal. If I can lend you my blade, I shall. 

We shall bathe in dragon blood.

Uh, no offense... not your blood...
Hercules Sayonara
Hercules Sayonara

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastet Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:36 am

Mew.
Bastet
Bastet
Admin

Race : Other
Class : Other

Back to top Go down

Post by Aexidor Fargeiros Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 pm

There is often much gold to be found where dragons are and who knows we may even be able to tame one, I mean they are magnificent creatures.
Aexidor Fargeiros
Aexidor Fargeiros

Race : Elf
Class : Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down