The Forged Lands of Shaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Links and important info

A song of wolves and dragon(s)

2 posters

Go down

A song of wolves and dragon(s) Empty A song of wolves and dragon(s)

Post by Martin Dragonsbane Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Despite being a little acid-charred and having jumped off a cliff, I'm returning to the tavern with news of my latest adventure. And news of a terrible new threat on the island.

A few days ago a newcomer to the island - Marcella the Melodic - and I went out to look for m'boy Eric, the towel-boy from the healing spring who had gone missing. With the help of a stained-glass maker with a funny name and a wee dockworker, we followed his tracks out down the coast and discovered that he'd been kidnapped by his nasty sister. The cave was a place of great darkness and inside we discovered two Monarchs and four wolves. The wolves turned out to be friendly and helpful; the Monarchs... less so. The Monarchs left us several loose human ears (?!) and some delicious stew. I spoke to the wolves with my new nature powers and they very kindly led us into the woods where Eric's kidnappers took him. 

We came upon them in a clifftop field stringing Eric up for "the sacrifice". Marcella came up with a plan to distract the kidnappers with a ghostly illusion so I could take out the big leader and she could persuade the weaker one to come over to our side. Although the plan worked perfectly, the leader wished for a more honourable fight and, having pledged to Defend the Light in all things, I obliged. She died with honour under my axe.

But then, as we pulled Eric down from the tree, we heard the flapping of great leathery wings and a rushing of wind from behind us. A black dragon descended and eyed us greedily before angrily demanding his 'sacrifice'. We had no choice. We had to run.

Marcella and Eric bolted for the trees. I distracted the dragon and, just before it spewed acid all over me, dived off the cliff into the waves below.

The only thing that was hurt was my pride. I am a professional dragon-hunter and running away is not what I came to this island for. I swear before my god and all the false gods, I will find and kill this dragon.
Martin Dragonsbane
Martin Dragonsbane

Race : Dragonborn
Class : Paladin

Back to top Go down

A song of wolves and dragon(s) Empty Re: A song of wolves and dragon(s)

Post by Martin Dragonsbane Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 pm

What's that, Eric?

Your name's actually Edric?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Martin Dragonsbane
Martin Dragonsbane

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Martin, promise me you won't do anything... mad with this dragon. 

Black Dragons are sadistic, cruel and viciously powerful. I commend your aims, but I beg of you, train for a while longer.... say a year or two..... before you consider facing this monster.
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Dragonsbane Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:18 pm

I came to this island to eat buckets of stew and kill dragons. And I'm all out of buckets of stew.
Martin Dragonsbane
Martin Dragonsbane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down