The Forged Lands of Shaar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Links and important info

What do you want to do this session?

3 posters

Go down

What do you want to do this session? Empty What do you want to do this session?

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello Adventurers.

It's your necks on the line so as always it's your choice! 

I'll let you know what we've got happening at the moment.

Of course, feel free to suggest alternatives!

Martin's collated some info here: (check the first and last posts) https://theforgedlands.forumotion.com/t15-unravelling-mysteries

Here's the main happenings:

Underground Black Market 
The local necromancers seem to buy and sell at a secret subterranean market. We got the entry phrase from Edric, the new kid at the stained-glass workshop who used to roll with the Monarch gang. Could be worth investigating, especially with this talk of Kargan The Foul on the rise.
MISSION TYPE - Espionage

PRIZES - A corrupt merchant has a stall there selling gems and treasure maps, if you're not against stealing.

Dockworker Murdered 
Kaiser the Red, long term Sanctuary resident and personal friend was murdered at the docks and his body put on display. The murderer has never been caught. Justice needs to be done.
MISSION TYPE - Murder mystery, investigation
PRIZE - A favour from the Sanctuary mayor.

Haunted Forests 
Another nearby forest has started to die, much like the haunted forest that Red Scarlotte has been investigating. A few dead animals are walking around. Grim stuff. I know for a fact that there is an old mausoleum there. A powerful mage, rumoured to be buried with his magical staff. Could be worth looking into?
MISSION TYPE - Horror, survival, investigation
PRIZE - A magic staff, the Frost Staff, belonged to the mage. It can likely be found in the mausoleum. (it can only be wielded by a sorcerer, druid, warlock or wizard)

Monsters In the Ruined Chapel 
You remember that ruined temple that you all rescued me from in your first mission? With that baby black dragon they were worshiping? Well, the dragon is still dead, but some horrifying new monster has taken residence, attacking merchants and caravanners at night. A merchant made it back to sanctuary suffering some horrific bite wounds. The rest of his crew were killed. He's offered a 500 gold reward for whomever clears out the chapel. Find the scarred merchant in the tavern if you want this mission. He seems pretty spooked though. Tread carefully. 
MISSION TYPE - Action, kill all monsters
PRIZE - 500 gold, plus any treasure in the temple.

See anything you like? Got any other ideas? Let's talk and come up with a plan!

Yours

Heck
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Race : Human
Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

What do you want to do this session? Empty Re: What do you want to do this session?

Post by RedScarlotte Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello Everyone! It has been some time since we last met and I have been away in the Haunted Forest, exploring and fighting off the occasional Undead. I am happy to continue my explorations to see the newly-blighted forests, and am also happy to assist with clearing out the ruined temple. Who would like to join me?
RedScarlotte
RedScarlotte

Class : Ranger

Back to top Go down

What do you want to do this session? Empty where to go and what to do

Post by Artemesia G Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 am

I'd like to check out that haunted forest, H
Artemesia G
Artemesia G

Class : Druid

Back to top Go down

What do you want to do this session? Empty Re: What do you want to do this session?

Post by Hector THE HAMMER Harken Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Worrying reports that a nearby forest is dying, going the way of the Haunted Forests.

Get in there and find out what's going on. There's a temple of Bhaal there, and in the mausoleum beneath the temple an ice priest is buried along with his magical staff and a small horde of treasure. Now that would be an excellent prize.
Hector THE HAMMER Harken
Hector THE HAMMER Harken

Class : Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemesia G Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

I'd be interested in getting hold of the ice priest's staff, but first would like to know more about both the priest and the staff.  Anyone have any information? any rumours? any dark tales told round guttering fires?
Artemesia G
Artemesia G

Back to top Go down

Post by RedScarlotte Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I've got the staff, and you are more than welcome to it! It makes me feel very uncomfortable...
RedScarlotte
RedScarlotte

Class : Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemesia G Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am

I'm not surprised, Red.  There are stories of mages using their staffs to store their powers, good or evil, benign or malicious.  This priest served Baal, a god worshipped in blood and fire...Perhas Dragonsbane should look at it, he being of the priestly persuasion
Artemesia G
Artemesia G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down